Saturday, September 20, 2008

London stuff

I made it to London safe and sound and am staying with my friend Carrie in her flat. We're in an area of London called Wood Green. From what some of her local friends told me it's not very nice, but I haven't seen anything scary yet and I think the houses are super cute. Last night we went out to a bar/club called Digress for Carrie's going away party that her co-workers arranged for her. It was fun, although the cocktails here are WEAK. We didn't stay out too late as I was exhausted from my journey and we still had a good tube ride home for the night. We also found out that we aren't going to be able to make it to Paris due to a fire in the channel tunnel. This is a huge BUMMER! We're trying to figure out other travel plans.
Today we took a boat to Greenwich which was really cool. The captain narrated the tour for us telling us about different buildings and making stupid jokes. The weather was beautiful and a good time was had.
Me and my tourist photo in front of tower bridge.
Once in Greenwich I stood on the Prime Meridian up at the top of this hill where the Royal Observatory is. This park was the backyard of a home of one of the previous queens. We also checked out the local markets and ate at a pub that's been around since the 1830s where Dickens used to hang out.
This one is self explanatory.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

It the self explanatory photo mean Carrie doesn't have a cel phone?